Story starter – ‘Your pet start behaving like a human being. It walks on two feet and has a lot to say. What do they have to say to you?’ A story by Fiona

James Hessyz via Compfight

My name is Fiona and I have a pet dog. His name is Teddy. He is a golden labrador. He is a young, well behaved animal. The most he had ever said to me was woof. He liked eating dog food and he loved to nap in his kennel outside. 

One summer day at noon, he was racing around the garden. He must have got dizzy because he ran into the wall. He called my name and he said

‘Fiona, I’ve had an accident. I ran into the wall and I hurt my head and now it is really sore.’

I called my Mum.

She didn’t believe me until Teddy got up, stood on two legs and said

‘Tara, I would feel a lot better if you could make me some toast and tea. I like just one spoon of sugar and I would prefer if my toast was not burned.’

We took him to the vet and he behaved like a normal dog, so the vet didn’t believe us. As we left Teddy whispered

‘I didn’t want to stay in the vet’s. I want to go home and go to bed’.

Teddy didn’t sleep in his kennel as he usually did. Instead he slept in the spare room.

Luckily when he woke up the next morning he was back to normal. Only that my Mum had seen it too, I wouldn’t have believed it. The only thing that is different about Teddy now is that he likes to eat toast!