Here are the books we love to read:
- It Was a Dark and Stormy Night by Janet Ahlberg,…
- Please Mrs. Butler by Allan Ahlberg
- My Naughty Little Sister by Dorothy Edwards
Take a look at a number of your favourite books
from the class library.
Look at the ones that jump out at you from the shelf.
What is it about these books that makes you want
to pick them up in the first place?
Take a few moments to think about this…
1. The covers of these books
are colourful and eye catching.
2. The titles of the books are interesting.
What is a Country Pancake you may wonder
What is a Stone Mouse or a Hodgeheg?
3. You may like the sound of the
‘blurb’ or short summary on the back cover.
Designing your book cover,
deciding on a title for your book
and writing the ‘blurb’
are some of the last things you will do.
You need to have the book written first.
But do give it some thought, even now.
Plan to have a cover on your book that looks good
a title that sounds interesting
and a summary on the back
that has your reader wanting to find out more.
For those of you doing the ‘Write A Book’ project
there is an excellent selection of resources
on this link to ‘Seomra Ranga’.